Metallon is a leading gold producer, developer and explorer focused on low cost, high grade operations in Africa.
Metallon has four underground gold mining operations and additional exploration licences in Zimbabwe. In 2016, gold production was 94,000 ounces and target production for 2017 is 115,000 ounces. Across the four operations, the Company has a significant resource base with a JORC-compliant 8.3 million ounce resource & between 4–6 million ounces in exploration results (SRK 2012).
With such substantial mineral resources, Metallon is focused on increasing gold production significantly by improving current mining operations, further on-mine expansion and potential acquisitions across Africa. The Company's production target is to achieve 500,000 ounces per annum in the next five years. Metallon's flagship operation, How Mine, is already one of the lowest cost gold producers in Africa and across all operations, Metallon is focused on further reduction of costs.
Metallon is also pursuing a focused acquisition strategy throughout Africa. The Company is exploring potential opportunities located within the Lake Victoria gold fields in Tanzania and in the Maniema province near Bukavu, in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Metallon has an experienced management team with significant experience in developing and operating gold mines in Southern Africa. Metallon is well positioned to build an African resource group that brings strong returns for its shareholders and contributes significantly to economic growth of our host countries. The Company is focused on high-value projects that result in maximum value for minimal cost.
Metallon is committed to maintaining its licence to operate through acting responsibly in relation to our people, the environment and the communities in which the Company operates.
- Increasing cashflows - through improvements in operational efficiency and cost reduction and conservative capital structure
- High-value projects – focusing on maximum value for minimal cost
- Growing gold production profile - through expansion of existing projects and potential M&A activities
- Highly prospective exploration ground – significant resource base with on-mine opportunities and green- and brown-field prospects
- Proven track record – five mining operations have been brought back into production and continually improved and delivered
- Industry expertise - experienced Board and Management team